I caught this thread a little bit late, but here's what I know about the Web.
To be a WWW server, you need a machine that is on the Internet either through
TCP/IP, SLIP, or a point to point connection.  The same goes for browsing the
Web if you want to view graphics and such on-line.

If you only have a serial connection, you can use terminal browsers.  The best
one out there is Lynx, developed at the University of Kansas.  You might have
Lynx installed locally, ask your sys administrator about it, or just try typing
in lynx at your command prompt.

If that doesn't work, there is a public access Lynx browser available by
telnetting to ukanaix.cc.ukans.edu, login WWW.

Kevin Hsieh                                | e-mail:[log in to unmask]
Claremont Colleges Interdisciplinary Clinic| voice:909-621-8555 x1328
http://Big-Bird.pomona.claremont.edu/
Please add this line to your html docs! This way people can send you comments
from their browsers such as Lynx.

<LINK rev=made href="mailto:USERNAME@DOMAIN">