This message has been posted to several listservs.
Please forgive any duplication.

Invitation to Participate in Library Automation Satisfaction Survey

You are invited to participate in Cibbarelli's Surveys of library
automation products and services.

For several years Cibbarelli's has provided the service of surveying
users of library automation software and publishing those surveys
to assist librarians with determining how satisfied librarians are with
the library automation products they are using.

After surveying users of library automation one product
at a time, Cibbarelli's has decided librarians would be better served
if the surveys focused on library automation products one category
at a time instead of one product at a time.  Learned Information has
agreed to publish the surveys in this new format in
INFORMATION TODAY.  Cibbarelli's will also publish the ratings
from the surveys as a posting to the listserv.

This approach should provide better comparative information for
those faced with purchasing a library automation product.

Your opinions are important if you use any of the products being surveyed.
By sharing your ratings of the library automation products being surveyed,
other librarians and information professionals can benefit from your
insights.

The first survey in this new format (due by July 31, 1994)
will focus on Macintosh-based IOLS software.  Then, the
following survey (due by August 31, 1994) will focus on
UNIX based IOLS software.  The following month's column
(due by September 1, 1994) will focus on Local Area Networking
software in use in libraries. The next will depend on suggestions
from librarians.  Please let Cibbarelli's know what types of products
you would like to have surveyed.

Cibbarelli's will post a summary of the responses to the list.

To participate in the surveys, please complete the following form
and send it to:
*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
CIBBARELLI'S, 419 Main St. #82, Huntington Beach, CA 92648
fax 714 960-5454, or respond by e-mail to [log in to unmask]

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
Dear  Cibbarelli's:

Here  are  my  ratings  of___________________________________________
             (please provide vendor name, product name, and version number)
(If you are not currently using this product you should not respond to the
 survey.)

I  am  using  this  product  on_________________________________________
        (please provide type of computer on which you use this product)

This evaluation is for:
(check only one; submit separate surveys for each product)

____ Macintosh IOLS software (e.g. Alexandria, Libraryworks,
           Mac the Librarian, Resource Librarian, Winnebago, etc.)

____ UNIX IOLS software (e.g.,  Advance,  BiblioTech, Dynix,
          Dynix Marquis, Dynix Scholar, Georgetown University,  Innopac,
          Information Navigator, Libs100Plus, MultiLis, Star, SydneyPlus,
         TechlibPlus, Unicorn, Stilas, Voyager, VTLS). Responses due by 8/31/94.

____ LAN software.  Responses due by 9/30/94.

My ratings for this product are:

____ Documentation
____ Service/Support
____ Training
____ Product reliability
____ Product capabilities
____ Ease of use
____ Vendor's integrity
____ Overall satisfaction

Use the following scale:
   10 - Exceeds expectations
     9 - Excellent
     8 - Very good
     7 - Good
     6 - Better than average
     5 - Average
     4 - OK, but could be better
     3 - Poor
     2 - Very poor
     1 - Crying for attention
     0 - No opportunity to evaluate

I understand Cibbarelli's will keep individual ratings confidential,
but may include direct quotes in the summary for the list and/or
in the forthcoming article in INFORMATION TODAY,
and/or in future publications based on this survey.  I hereby give
my permission to be quoted:

___ Sure, it is fine to quote me and give me credit for the statement.

___ It is ok to quote me, but please do not attribute the quote to me.
       Make it anonymous.

___ No, it is better not to quote me.

The  projects  for  which  I  am now using the product  are:

This product was  first  installed at this institution in ________    (year).

Name & title:  _____________________________________________

Institution:   _______________________________________________

Phone:  ___________________________________________________

Address:  _________________________________________________

Additional comments to be  shared with others evaluating this type
of product are welcome. For example:
     - Would you recommend this system to other libraries?
     - Has the product met your expectations?
     - How do you think this product compares with its major competitors?

Send your response to:
CIBBARELLI'S, 419 Main St. #82, Huntington Beach, CA 92648
fax 714 960-5454, or respond by e-mail to [log in to unmask]

Thank you for your participation.

Pamela R. Cibbarelli
editor, Directory of Library Automation Software Systems and Services
columnist, Cibbarelli's Surveys (now published in INFORMATION TODAY)