I had replied to Rhoda privately but since there was enough interest
about Physicians Online (POL) I thought I would add my comments to the
list. I do have it installed in my computer - a physicians lent me the
software. POL encourages disseminating the software and freely states so
on the disk. The same physician also let me use his userid and pw to
access it. I admit to not having any written documentation to guide me
through the search, but I found the Medline part of the searching quite
cumbersome to use. I couldnt get two MESH headings to combine nor could I
find any limits (like Human or Review). I did find two limits for
language and publication type though.
I would also love to know about others' experiences searching
POL. I have published a notice in the our physician
newsletter stating that POL is available in the library but havent had
too many responses. I do think it will be a service that physicians will
want to use at home.
Janice Lester
Shady Grove Adventist Hospital
[log in to unmask] (not David)