re: medical library section of SLA
I haven't been to a SLA meeting in years (being able to go to only
one meeting per year; I chose MLA and my ((former)) assistant chose
SLA).  I really liked hearing about stuff that wasn't strictly medical,
the type of information that MLA doesn't have. Most of the medical
librarians that I know of (including myself) who are members of SLA
are members of the Biological Sciences Division. Is this just becomming
to broad for medical librarians to fit into??? By the way, the
Biological Sciences Division program at the upcoming regional meeting
in Chicago hopes to focus on the non-clinical aspects of health care,
assuming that we can get enough speakers together by then.

Anne
White Michalski
Online Services Section, American Medical Association
((and co-chair of the Biological Sciences Division program at
the 1995 Chicago regional meeting))