May I suggest a professional alliance?  What you're saying sounds strikingly
similar to the problems faced by medical transcriptionists -- who constantly
save doctor's asses from their blundering mistakes.

The American Association for Medical Transcription is trying to make a more
concerted effort to get the healthcare industry aware of our role and the need
to improve wages there as well.  You might try contacting AAMT at their offices
in Modesto, CAlifornia .  They are not on Internet yet but toll-free number is
800 982-2182.

Also, there is a call for votes going on to create a discussion group called

sci.med.transcription

and that should hopefully be up and running soon.  I think your input might be
very valuable there since medical transcriptionists are trying to help each
other answer lots of reference questions.  If you're on Compuserve, go to the
Working From Home Forum and look for Med Trans & Claims.  Fairly active group
there.

Regards

George HEymont