I have an Emergency Medicine physician who is doing a talk on the variety
of opportunities for US trained physicians in foreign countries
(Developed and Developing). I have not had much luck in the literature
search dept. I searched the current file of MEDLINE--I ended up exploding
physicians to broaden the scope a bit. I called the American Board of
Emergency MEdicine (to see if they had any info on the different
requirments in different countries) and the American College of Emergency
Physicians with no luck. Does anyone have any ideas?? I would even settle
for a book of alternative careers for a physician of any speciality at this
point. (Is my frustration showing? :-) ).

Most of what I did find focused on relief work (which is appliacable),
but nothing like the literature available for nurses. Please e-mail me
directly.

Elizabeth Dilworth
Librarian
Hennepin County Medical Center
Health Sciences Library
701 Park Avenue
Minneapolis, MN  55415
(612) 347-2713 (voice); (612) 347-6292 (fax)