HATe to throw a monkey wrench into this discussion, but unfortunately CDP
is no free from freezing either.  Though we have not had a problem while a
search is in progress, we have had continuing problems with it locking up if
we have to answer a phone call (thus the computer is inactive for a few minutes) and when anyone walks away having finished a search but not exiting OVID.
We then have to turn the computer off and start all over.  CDP is aware of this
problem but has been unable to help us solve it.  We recently bought some new
computers and the man who built them suggested that it may be a slightly
faulty power supply.  So he has brought us one to try out to see if that might\
solve the problem.  Will let you know...   Carole Gilbert

Providence Hospital, Southfield, MI  [log in to unmask]