The University of Texas at Arlington Libraries is a 70% U.S.
depositiory library. I regularly (weekly) go through the new paper
government publications and provide a selective current awareness
notice for the School of Nursing here. This results in a list of
about 15 to 20 new items/week. We have decided to put this list on
our gopher. The materials are related only to what I consider of
any interest to our nursing faculty & students and includes
pamphlets, brochures, hearings, and stuff of a more substantial
nature. They are only the hard copy items, not microfiche or
electronic data files. Since I am not a cataloger, I make no
guarantees that the citation is perfect but should be sufficient to
identify the item. The purpose of the list(s) is current awareness
because we subsequently receive a Marchive tapeload for our profile
but the cataloging could be 6 months later. Some items may never be
formally cataloged.

If you are interested feel free to poke around our gopher. Some 50
lines follow including the address.
Helen

Helen Hough-Stow
Health Sciences Bibliographer\Reference Librarian
Central Library, Box 19497
University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas 76019
Phone: 817/273-3000; Fax:   817/794-5797
Internet: [log in to unmask]  or   [log in to unmask]

For the curious, pronounce: How-Stoe ;)

                   Internet Gopher Information Client v2.0.14

                       Root gopher server: gopher.uta.edu

      5.  Library and related resources/
          8.  Other Information Services /
              3.  Nursing/
                  1.  New Government Publications at UTA/
                      1.  Week of October 17, 1994
                  2.  Nursing and Health Science Sources
                  3.  Peer Reviewed Nursing Journals

Address:
#
Type=1
Name=New Government Publications at UTA
Path=1/.library/.other_topics/.nursing/.govpub
Host=gopher.uta.edu
Port=70
vpub

Example:

New Government Publications
relating to Nursing and Health issues
Received at The University of Texas At Arlington Libraries
the week of October 17, 1994

TITLE: Ionizing Radiation Dosimetry. NIST Handbook 150-4
AUTHOR: U.S. Dept. of Commerce. Technology Administration.
PAGES: 14 plus various appendix
LOCATION: Central/US Govt Pubs/Floor 2
CALL NUMBER: C 13.11:150-4

TITLE: School to Work: Transition for youth with diabilities:
Consensus Statement. v.1,no.6
AUTHOR: U.S. Dept. of Education. National Institute on
Disability and Rehabilitation Research
PAGES: 24
LOCATION: Central/US Govt Pubs/Floor 2
CALL NUMBER: ED 1.86:1/6

TITLE: Regional Educational Laboratory Program
AUTHOR: U.S. Dept. of Education. Office of Educational
 MOST - Press H for Help, Q to Quit                         (1,1)
 MOST(3.2.1FM)