What about rurtel (John Bryden in the Islands and Highlands)?  I don't
have an e-mail address for him, but somebody at the University of Guelph
should.

On Fri, 11 Nov 1994 [log in to unmask] wrote:

> I'm currently doing research in the Centre for Urban Technology, Newcastle
> University on community IT and telematics, both in the UK and abroad. There
> are several models being pursued in the UK with various mixtures of social
> and economic objectives. The Manchester Host is a council-backed Host
> providing email, data bases and bulletin boards on the Geonet network.
> Similar Hosts exist in Huddersfield, London and (possibly in the near
> future) Southampton. It now has an Internat node status. NSA Net is a
> similar system in Scotland. there are about 50 local authority viewdata
> systems of various forms. In addition, there are FIDO networks and in
> Nottingham the cable company is rumoured to be offering communet type
> services.
>
> 1       Stephen Graham                                  1
> 1       Centre for Urban Technology (CUT)               1
> 1       Department of Town and Country Planning         1
> 1       University of Newcastle upon Tyne               1
> 1       Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 7RU United Kingdom      1
> 1       Tel +44 (0)91 2226808   Fax +44(0)912611182     1
> 1       Email [log in to unmask]             1

Sam Coghlan                            Harrington, Oxford County, Ontario
Home Mail:  R.R. #3, Embro, Ontario, Canada  N0J 1J0       (519) 475-4097

Work:                              Chief Librarian, Oxford County Library
                                              93 Graham Street, Woodstock
                                                 Ontario, Canada  N4S 6J8
                              Voice: (519) 421-1700   Fax: (519) 537-3024