Marylin,
        I am also very focused on getting our "direct democracy thing"
rolling. I too am concerned with what I precieve as an adgenda of the
powerfull to limit the accessibility of the masses to the decision making
process.
        I havent seen any postings on the e-vote list you helped me
subscribe to. It sure seems that it should be more popular.
        Can you give us your insight as to what appears to be the most
significant roadblocks, bottlenecks, and/or obsticals to "just doing it"?

        Chuck Stewart in a suburb of Portland Oregon named Sandy
        [log in to unmask] 668-5091
        Producer of the Portland area cable access tv show the
        "Participatory Democracy Project"