Anyone ever hear of something called QED - Quality Education Database?

I have a staff person who saw it referenced in a journal article he was
reading this morning.  It says it is a database of school characteristics
which covers over 17,000 public school districts.  It gives such information
as name, address, phone number of school, racial & ethnic background of
students, number of students enrolled, number who graduate, number who go on
to college etc.

I have searched ERIC, Uncover, Periodical Abstracts, Newspaper Abstracts,
Wilson Business Abstracts and Compendex as well as some education gophers in
cyberspace and have still come up empty-handed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Please respond to me and not the
list.  Thanks in advance!

Michele Johns
Planetree Health Resource Center
200 E. 4th St.   The Dalles, OR  97058        Internet: [log in to unmask]