MAXX was reviewed in JAMA in June 1993, but I believe that the product
has been expanded since then.

       Title: MAXX - MAXIMUM ACCESS TO DIAGNOSIS AND THERAPY
     Authors: SATYAMURTI S
      Source: JAMA-JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION 1993 JUN 2,
              269(21):2803-2803
   Pub. Type: Software Review               Language: ENG English

This came from Current Contents.

I am not aware of an online source of CD-ROM reviews, and since
thorough reviews are time-consuming to produce and hard to get out of
volunteers, I wouldn't hold my breath for something to materialize
without a source of revenue to compensate an editor and/or reviewers.
I speak from experience, having both written reviews and tried to
cajole reviews out of others.  Reviews don't count as academic
publications or benefit am employer (since the software being reviewd
has typically already been purchased and used).

There is a newsletter called Medical Software Reviews.

         TITLE:  Medical software reviews.
     PUBLISHED:  Brooklyn, N.Y. : Healthcare Computing Publications
 VOLUMES ISSUED: Vol 1, no 1 (Jan. 1992)-
          ISSN:  1059-907X

         NOTES:  Monthly
                 Title from caption.

I do not remember how much it costs.  It is not indexed in MEDLINE.

Caroline Arms                                    [log in to unmask]
Falk Library of the Health Sciences