>MAXX was reviewed in JAMA in June 1993, but I believe that the product
>has been expanded since then.
>
>       Title: MAXX - MAXIMUM ACCESS TO DIAGNOSIS AND THERAPY
>     Authors: SATYAMURTI S
>      Source: JAMA-JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION 1993 JUN 2,
>              269(21):2803-2803
>   Pub. Type: Software Review               Language: ENG English
>
>This came from Current Contents.
>
>I am not aware of an online source of CD-ROM reviews, and since
>thorough reviews are time-consuming to produce and hard to get out of
>volunteers, I wouldn't hold my breath for something to materialize
>without a source of revenue to compensate an editor and/or reviewers.
>I speak from experience, having both written reviews and tried to
>cajole reviews out of others.  Reviews don't count as academic
>publications or benefit am employer (since the software being reviewd
>has typically already been purchased and used).
>

>There is a newsletter called Medical Software Reviews.
>
>         TITLE:  Medical software reviews.
>     PUBLISHED:  Brooklyn, N.Y. : Healthcare Computing Publications
> VOLUMES ISSUED: Vol 1, no 1 (Jan. 1992)-
>          ISSN:  1059-907X
>
>         NOTES:  Monthly
>                 Title from caption.
>
>I do not remember how much it costs.  It is not indexed in MEDLINE.
>
>Caroline Arms                                    [log in to unmask]
>Falk Library of the Health Sciences

I didn't pick up the beginning of this thread, but Sue Frisch, the editor of
Medical Software Reviews, frequents MEDSIG on CompuServe. I believe she does
post some or all of the reviews in the library there. If you don't have
access, I can forward a message to her there. I don't know her CompuServe
number off-hand. Hope this helps.  Win Sewell