>Hello!
>
>I am looking for the phone/email/fax # (any of them will do) for the
>company that sells the CD-ROM version of the Harrison's Textbook of
>Medicine.  TIA.
>Eric Putnoi
>Monks Library
>University Health Services

I just saw this demo'ed this week. It's still in beta, but it looks good.
The publisher is McGraw-Hill, Inc., Medical Publishing Group. Call your
regular book distributor for ordering. It's not due until April 1995, and
that's a tentative date. Don't be surprised to see it slip a month or two.
Pricing is reasonable:

Harrison's CD-ROM (13th ed, linked with abstracts of selected references)
single user     $195
network, 5 simultaneous users   $750
network, 10 simultaneous users  $1500
network, 11-20 simultaneous users       $2700

Harrison's Plus (13th ed, linked with abstracts of selected references AND
the 1995 U.S. Pharmacopeia's Drug Info)
single user     $395
network, 5 simultaneous users   $1500
network, 10 simultaneous users  $3000
network, 11-20 simultaneous users       $5000

The plus version includes two free updates (to the USPDI info). Both Mac
and IBM versions will be available.
McGraw-Hill, at the demo, was calling the Plus version "Harrison's CD
Plus." You should have seen their horrified expression when several
librarians told them the name CD Plus was already being used...

Mark
To err is human. To moo is bovine.