There have been a number of requests for international information
recently.  I have had _generally_ excellent results obtaining such
information from the respective embassies.  For example, a physician
member of our org was going to S. Africa and wanted to meet counterparts;
a patron wanted to contact a French physician who had written a seminal
article on a genetic defect: calling the embassies yielded the
information needed and efficiently at that.  I'm sure that the Japanese
embassy (202-939-6700) would have the resources to answer the above question.

Regards.

Steve Jones