From: ziayaa           Thu Feb 02 15:58:34 1995
To: [log in to unmask]@
Dear Medlib Friends--
     Today one of my physicians sent down a bibliography and told my staff to,
"Get them all".   Ten articles can be copied from our collection, but the
other 42 are textbooks.  In other words, we'd have to request the loan of 42
originals.  I think this is unreasonable, but I don't have a policy in place
to cover such a situation.

     How would you handle?  Thanks for the help.

Alana Ziaya, Medical Library Manager
Marshfield Clinic
1000 N. Oak Ave.
Marshfield  WI 54449
715-387-5183 (voice)    Internet: [log in to unmask]

PS: I should probably give you a little background.  We're a group practice of
about 300 owner-physicians.  Marshfield Clinic is adjacent to St.Joseph's
Hospital (560 beds).  The Medical Library is owned and operated by the Clinic,
but serves as a joint resource for the entire medical complex and satellites.
Our potential client-base is then around 5,000 users, but, like most libraries,
we're understaffed.  We only have a staff of four--2 professionals and 2
technicians.