This seems like a posting for this list, Curt -- send responses
to both list and sender
Hello all:

A friend of mine in a small town in north central Illinois is
interested in setting up a town (city) wide Internet access
system similiar to the system operating in Telluride (sp?)
Colorado. He saw a piece on TV recently that discussed what
Telluride has accomplished and he, being one of the town leaders,
is interesting is seeing what his town can accomplish. He is
PC literate but not net literate.

Please advise me on what some of the possible directions are.
Where can I look to find more details? What are other towns and
cities doing? I do recall some discussion on TPR-NE a few months
ago about similar topics but did not save it.

I am not that sure about what he would like to do. I don't know
what kind of budget he has or expects he can acquire. Any advise
along financial considerations would be appreciated, as well.

Please send it to me privately ([log in to unmask]) and I will
summarize back to the list.

Ed Council