My quick $.02 about Linux - it is super!

We at Charlotte's Web have had a development/prototype machine running
Linux for nearly a year now.  We have a bank of modems connected directly
to it and are now serving ~2000 calls/month.

Additional funding is now letting us slowly migrate to larger machines,
but our favorite Linux machine will always have a place here as long as
I am involved (I'm planning to use it as our News server next, e.g.).

Hardware is cheap, support is great, bug fixes prompt, and you can't beat
the cost.  Most public domain Unix software compiles with little or no
effort.

For more info on Linux:
    http://sunsite.unc.edu/mdw/linux.html
    ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs