On Thu, 30 Mar 1995, Jonathan Sass wrote:

> At TTCN (Tahoe Truckee Community Network) we are looking into funding
> related to reducing vehicle miles traveled (VMTs). Does anyone know of any
> studies that correlate reduced VMTs and electronic communication?

Jonathan, the Davis Community Network and UC, Davis are doing a study
which I think addresses this question. The university received some
funding from CalTrans to explore this very thing.

Vicki Suter at UC, Davis could provide specifics, including a delivery
date for any research coming out of this. I don't know if the report would
be proprietary info., but as it's a CA state agency, I would doubt it.
Vicki has been involved in the project from its inception, and her email
address is <<[log in to unmask]>>.

Susan Prince <<[log in to unmask]>> | KVIE (Public TV), P.O. Box 6
Director of Programming              | Sacramento, CA 95812