This came off of the AP Newswire, and I thought it might be of interest to the
list.  Maybe it's old news to you folks in the Northeast who (hopefully) get
more skiing coverage in your local papers.

   GENEVA (AP) -- Swiss ski racer Vreni Schneider announced her retirement
Wednesday at a news conference in Zurich, leaving the sport as the reigning
World Cup overall, slalom and giant slalom champion.

I always enjoyed watching her race.  An impressive athlete, but being in her
30's I guess she felt she was getting too old to try and keep up with the kids
on the circuit anymore. :-(
--

     Scott T. Clark