Every hospital has disaster drills.. the "code orange"... we expect
some tragedy... a tornado, a plan crash....

But this?! Here!?

The hospitals closest to downtown are the busiest... St. Anthony's,
Oklahoma Memorial, Presbyterian, Southwest, Children's ... Baptist
also very busy.. a handful of casualties came to Norman, but we sent
staff and supplies to the closer hospitals. I know they set up an
extra "dining room" in the medical library at Baptist ...

Reporters want casualty figures. They want total numbers now. No
one can give them to them. Too many people are missing. Nine floors
of offices and three floors of parking collapsed into rubble.

Astonishment.

Disbelief.

Horror.

Michelynn McKnight
Norman Regional Hospital
Norman, Oklahoma (just South of Oklahoma City)