Greetings colleagues - We are in the process of merging four hospitals in
metro Halifax. The four institutions include two tertiary care/community
hospitals, a physical rehabilitation center and a cancer treatment clinic.
There will be approximately 1500 beds in the new institution. All
facilities are within 15 minutes walking distance of each other.All
hospitals have affiliations with a the medical staff of a large
university (near the hospitals) which itself have a large health
sciences library. We also have developed ties with other
institutions.

The four librarians of the (to be) merged hospitals have been
given until the middle of May to recommend a vision(s) for a joint library
service.

We would greatly appreciate hearing about the experience and advice of
other institutions who have gone through (or are in the process of) this
situation. Please respond at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your
support.

Sam King for the QEII librarian group, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
* SAMUEL KING          LIBRARIAN                *                            *
* NOVA SCOTIA HOSPITAL/VICTORIA GENERAL HOSPITAL*
* DARTMOUTH/HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA CANADA         **********************
* PHN: (902)428-2641 FAX: (902)428-7456  EMAIL [log in to unmask]*
* The Victoria General Hospital is a member of the NOVANET consortium*
* of libraries. Our catalogue is available on the Internet.          *