Dear Medlibbers,

    I recently suggested that a more appropriate place to list duplicates/wanted
journals would be the BACKSERV listserv, available to all, so as to reduce the
number of messages we receive on Medlib.

   Most responses were in agreement.  For the one or two who still preferred it
on the Medlib list and said to merely delete it from our messages,  may I
remind you that when your list is put on BACKSERV it's also automatically
loaded onto to an archival list.  The benefit is that you can gopher into
BACKSERV at a later date and do a journal title search for dup/want issues.    You can do this even if you do not want to subscribe to the BACKSEERV
However, if dup/want issues are put onto the Medlib list, it is not
added to the large archival pool of dup/wants in BACKSERV.   This archival pool
(which retains the holdings for about three months) can prove to be a very
useful resource.

   I hope you find this information helpful.

L. Friedman