We made the deadline and got the TIIAP grant application out last

week.  I extend my thanks on behalf of the Foundation and all its

supporters for the following who provided formal input and/or

letters of support:

National Public Telecomputing           Peter Harter, Executive Director

Oregon State Library                    Jim Scheppke, Or State Librarian

Yakima Valley Regional Library          Richard Ostrander, Director

Northwest Nonprofit Resources           Sandy Gill, Director

Wa State Dept of Information            George Lindamood, Director

Morino Institute, Reston, Va            Mario Morino/Chairman

City of Milton-Free-Water, Oregon       Robert O. Bloch/City Councilor

Washington State Employment             Robert Wlaznak/Director

Securities Department.  Pasco, Wa

Prosser Public Library, Wa              Robert Witcraft/Board Secretary

Sunnyside High School, Wa               Bob Thomas/Principal

Sunnyside School District               Mac Chambers/Superintendent

Benton/Franklin Human Services          Ed Frost/Chairman

Coalition (charter members listed below)

     Benton County Prosecutor's Victim Assistance Unit

     Benton-Franklin Community Action Committee

     Benton-Franklin Dept. of Human Services

     Benton-Franklin Developmental Services

     Benton-Franklin District Health Department

     Benton-Franklin Head Start

     Benton-Franklin Volunteer Center

     Lane Bray, State Representative

     Carondelet Psychiatric Care Center

     Catholic Family & Child Service

     Chinook Camp Fire

     Columbia Basin Domestic Violence

     Columbia Industries

     Community Services Office, DSHS

     CONTACT Tri-Cities

     Council for Children

     Division of Developmental Disabilities, DSHS

     Families & Friends of Violent Crime Victims

     Jim Jesernig, State Senator

     Juvenile Justice Center

     Lutheran Social Services

     Neurological Center

     Planned Parenthood

     Donna K. Raines

     Sexual Assault Response Center

     The ARC of the Tri-Cities

     Tri-Cities Advocates for the Mentally Ill

     Tri-Cities Chaplaincy

     Tri-Cities Family YMCA

     Tri-Cities Residential Services

The final Project included a three phase plan of action.  This

includes:

     Phase One:  Needs Assessment and Asset Identification (one

     day).  An initial meeting with community representatives to

     introduce the Community Computing Network Project Guide and

     start a process to determine overall goals and objectives.

     This phase will also help determine existing assets.  Phase

     one will be administered in 50 communities.

     Phase Two:  Information Highway Workshop (two days).  For

     those locations that desire additional education and training.

     Elements of the Project Guide will be covered as well as

     community specific curricula.  Phase two is planned for 25

     phase one communities.

     Phase Three:  Community Network Implementation (ten days).

     Assistance in installation and operation of a fully functional

     community network.  Phase three is planned for 15 communities

     from phases one and two.

We are ready to implement phase one in any community *now* -

without waiting for any grant funding.  If you are interested,

please let us know.  The cost for phase one is $500.00 for the day

(includes two staff from the Foundation).

          Or, if you are in a communities that was not

          targeted in the TIIAP grant but want to be

          included in future grant applications, please

          let us know ASAP - we are sending out

          additional applications starting this week.

Anyone desiring a copy of the complete grant application narrative

(8 pages) and/or the COMMUNITY COMPUTING NETWORK PROJECT GUIDE (24

pages), please let me know and I will send it to you via e-mail.