                PLANNING ON READING E-MAIL AT MLA?

Here is something you need to think about before you answer "yes" to that
question.  You must know the address of the computer on which your e-mail
account resides.  It may not be the same as your e-mail address, then
again it may.  For example, my e-mail address is [log in to unmask]
but I must telnet to stein.u.washington.edu in order to read my e-mail
from another computer on the Internet.  If you are not sure what your host
computer's address is then call or e-mail your System Administrator and
find out. Also check to see if there is a password that you must have to
log on to your host computer.  Do not be disappointed when you come to The
MLA Internet Center and find that you cannot keep up on news from home.

Remember, a day without e-mail is like a day without coffee.

Maryanne

Maryanne Blake
Regional Medical Library, HSLIC       [log in to unmask]
University of Washington, SB-55                 (206) 543-8262
Seattle, Washington  98195                  FAX (206) 543-2469