    With the pending approval of a new high-end
multimedia workstation, I plan to initiate an
effort to identify _and_ organize "key" WWW
_Reference_ resources within the Sciences and
Technology.

    I intend to use the Library of Congress classification
schedule AND equivalent subject descriptions, Where appropriate
a given WWW resource will be linked to any _and_ all (?)
LCC class(es) and its corresponding subject equivalent.
While I plan a systematic review of all LCC-organized
sites to identify "key" _Reference_ WWW resources, I
see significant value in soliciting the _evaluated_ and
_considered_ professional views of my colleagues regarding
those WWW resources in the Sciences and Technology which
they judge to be _appropriate and significant_ for a
Virtual Science and Technology _Reference_ Collection.

  I will be constructing this virtual collection over the
coming months and would much appreciate _any and all_
WWW science and technology candidates would find appropriate,
significant and useful for such a collection. While I
am aware that the concept of a Reference Work has become
significantly blurred over the past few years, I would like
to focus on the conventional types of works that have and
will be used for _reference_ purposes.

  I'd very much appreciate receiving the URL(s) for any
and all relevant science and technology WWW resources
that you and/or your clientele consider useful WWW
_reference_ resources.

  If there are individuals and/or organizations interested
in creating (and maintaining) this planned virtual _reference_
collection, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Gerry McKiernan
Coordinator, Science and Technology Section
Reference and Instructional Services Department
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

           "There are No Answers, Only Solutions"