In the past I have noticed comments on the MedLib-L concerning "rude"
postings, but I have yet to notice anything about "begging."  So here goes...

You may remember several postings from the MLA Educational Media & Technology
Section committee concerning the creation of an "AV/CAI Core List" of most
recommended titles.  The response was "microscopic."  In fact, at this point,
we may have to consider abandoning the project if we do not receive enough
input.

This is the official version of our original request:

The EMTS Section of MLA issues a compilation titled "Core List for Audiovisual
and CAI Programs."  We are soliciting suggestions from our peers and
colleagues who are in a position to suggest healthcare related titles they feel
should be included in this list.  These programs may be used for academic
curricula or in-service/continuing education purposes for health care pro-
fessionals.

All media formats are included in this list (videocassette, slides, interactive
videodisc, CD-ROM, etc).  Each title submitted should include, when possible,
purchase information (distributor, address, phone, cost) and format specs.
Brief comments about content summary or how the program is used at your
institution are welcomed and encouraged.

OK, here's the begging part:

Without a good response (50 or more) we cannot truly call the "Core List" a
"most recommended" compilation of the titles our colleagues value most.
Without a good response, we cannot justify publication.

Please, even if yiou just scrawl out your "top ten" favorites with the
publication date and distributor, we will be happy to receive it!!!

To the five that have responded:  Thank you!!! ....To the rest of you, we're
To the five that have responded:  Thank you!!! ....To the rest of you, we're
waiting on "pins and needles."  Here's how to contact us:

Bill Karnoscak (Rush Univ., Chicago ; [log in to unmask] ; FAX: 312/942-3143 ;
312/942-6832 ; OR, Marlene Smith (Univ. of MO.-K.C., Sch. of Med.; at
[log in to unmask] ; FAX: 816-235-5194 ; 816/235-1832)

THANK YOU, MARLENE SMITH