Hello Netters,

As an engineer who spent 12 hour days programming Fortran in college, and
who now sits in front of a computer all day at work, I thought you might
find this of interest.

On 2/14/95 CBS Evening News with Connie Chung, Dr. Bob Arnot did a story
about negative ions and their effect on mood.  They talked about a study
done at Columbia University where exposure to a high density negative ion
generator was as effective in treating winter depression as medication.

I became very interested because I have suffered from depression and
anxiety for years, and I did extensive research at the local medical
school's library on the benefits of negative ions.

This research turned out to be especially interesting to me because I
found a newspaper article discussing the fact that computer monitors emit
positive ions - the opposite of negative ions.  In the article, a
consultant to the FDA says that computer monitors give off large amounts
of positive ions and can actually cause depression, stress, fatigue, etc.
in people who sit in front of computers a lot - like all of us Netters -
and that we need negative ion replenishment.

After reading the article, I realized that I always felt especially
irritable, stressed, and depressed after long days in front of my
computer.

In doing the research, I found that negative ions have shown to be
therapeutic for stress, irritability, fatigue, depression, etc.  So I
purchased a small, high density generator and it has given me substantial
relief from my symptoms.

If any of you would like me to e-mail you that newspaper article, the
transcript of the CBS news story, as well as the other research that I
have compiled, just e-mail me at [log in to unmask]

-dan