> Lange Boots suck! Had a pair in 1984-87, supposedly for the "narrow" foot.
> commonly referred to as "Torture Chambers". Almost quit the sport, it hurt
> so much!

Whoa, Michael, easy there, killer.  A boot is only as good as it fits your
foot.  Once you find a boot which generally fits your foot, it's time to
bring in a quality bootfitter to work out the subtle nuances.

I love my Langes, but I don't like the fit of Technicas.  They don't like
my foot.  But I have a lot of respect for the quality of a Technica boot.
This is what I mean.

BTW, "Lange Bang" is a phenomenon which disappeared years ago.  Present-day
Langes aren't the "torture chambers" of old.
            __________                  Marc Guido
           /    *    |             Saratoga Springs, NY
           \ Jay Peak|                [log in to unmask]
     NY    /        /
           \       |       http://www.rpi.edu/~guidom/jaypeak.html
  Saratoga  |      |
   Springs  \      / Jay Peak (VT) Ski Patrol - Willard Mt. (NY) Ski Patrol
 Willard Mt. |_____|           Get your priorities straight:
                               "Ski today, work tomorrow."
                             (& windsurf when you can't ski!)