> I don't think POWDER would acknowledge that there is any real
>skiing in VT !

Well, I agree they don't acknowledge our great skiing often enough (thanks
partly to a Vermont correspondent who spends too much time chronicling the
great skiing in western powder hellholes rather than watching his front lawn
turn to mud), but they DO have a weak spot for the east. Steve Casimiro, the
editor, grew up outside DC and worked briefly as a reporter for the BFP. Les
Anthony, the new managing editor, lived until recently in Montreal and
Toronto.

FYI, POWDER is doing a special issue on the east this year. Watch for it.

David