On Sun, 2 Jul 1995, Brent wrote:
> >But now, things are worse.  The TFN has grown a lot, local sponsors are
> >less willing to pay for the costs, such that we are faced with a
> >privitized bail out, a miraculous fund raising effort, or mana from
> >heaven.  Local government has decided that this is a private matter.
> >
> >If these problems cannot be resolved, the TFN is in danger of ceasing to
> >exist.

and then Peter Harter gave some wonderful answers.

Just thought I'd let you see how we solved just the problems you are
having.  We set up a Priority Access system.  Half of the phone lines are
available for anyone - first come, first serve.  The other half are only
for those who contribute.  We encourage people with regular fundrave
appeals to donate beyond the $7 priority access.

It's worked out really well for us... we neither force people to pay nor
remain broke.  Our resources have pretty much met our needs -- along with
the help of an awful lot of volunteers.

Penny