On Thu, 6 Jul 1995, WILLIAM RUSSELL wrote:

> I believe that Majordomo is the de facto standard for discussion lists from
> UNIX based Internet servers.  It's capabilities are not too  different from the
> listserv program that serves this list.  These local discussions could remain

We have LOTS of majordomo mailing lists.  What I am looking for is a good
OPEN discussion -- something similar to what freeport software does or the
way the Well is set up.  Public discussions on regular topics.  Mailing
lists help to encourage communities of interest rather than geography.
I'm looking for a discussion tool that helps to promote discussion among
our geographic community.

Penny