Dear Hannah King, so right You are, true but pitty ...

>The third phase of our CNYNet development occurred when the steering committee
>began the incorporation process.  Bylaws were established.  Another
>organization agreed to act as a fiduciary agent to accept the donations and
>grants.  Two local organizations agreed to allow gopher servers to be created
>for limited community access.  The steering committee became the Board of
>Directors.  During this phase several major schisms revealed themselves.

...this chapter of Your "list" reminded me of one consequence there is
as a group of community minded volunteers, citizens of a society, try
to be active, enterprising etc in developing new ways for the society
to work.

My example is about education. Free-Net Finland, I work for, is a community
based net for K-12 school troughout nation. It's birth has been
possible by the broad-minded group of people willing to work for and with
the rest of the nation.

There are all the growing pains, most of them you'll manage with.
But you sure get struck when you have to fight against the officials
working in the same field, just because you are there, not because
of what you are doing.

Remember the children game, follow the leader without stepping by
his/her track.

Heikki Korpinen

----
Heikki Korpinen                   Helsinki University of Technology
coordinator                       Lifelong Learning Institute Dipoli
Free-Net Finland, K-12 network    02150 Espoo, Finland
[log in to unmask]           tel. +358-0-4514007, fax. +358-0-4514068