On Tue, 11 Jul 1995 [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Does anyone know of a publication called "The Glycemic Index"?  We found
> several books which relate a glycemic index to specific groups of food
> but are hoping to find a comprehensive source.  We have looked at WorldCAT,
> Catline, CINAHL and MEDLARS databases.  This may have been something authored
> by a David Jenkins or associated with the Banting (sp?) Institute at the
> University of Toronto.  Thank you.
>
> Nancy Fazzone
> Director of Library Services
> The North Shore Medical Center
> 81 Highland Avenue
> Salem, MA 01970
> (508) 741-1200 X4951
> (508) 744-9110 (fax)

Hi Nancy--Long time no talk with you!

Haven't heard of The Glycemic INdex, but I suspect that if its related to
the Banting Institute (Banting & Best, discoverers of insulin), it may
well be an institutiional publication of some kind.  I would query them
direct.

Lee Hover
Information Developers
Computer-Based Research