Barbara,
I am a medical circuit librarian working in the Delta of Arkansas.  I recently
presented such a program to a CHAMPS group (jr. high students) and a MASH group
(high school students).

I did a Grateful Med searches on my laptop using strange named diseases (Happy
Puppet Syndrome) and topics of interest to their age groups.  You may also want
to provide some explanation of the training medical librarians receive.  I
included a discussion on the role of librarians in the development of the
Internet.

Also, you may want to tell them about the various types of medical
librarianship (clinical, non-clinical, consumer health, etc.).  I hope this
helps.  I agree w/ John Clark - make it fun, interesting and give them examples
of any success stories you may have.  Good Luck.
Susan Carter
Information Access Consultant                   [log in to unmask]
Delta Health Education Center
Phillips County Community College
Helena, AR                                      (501) 338-6474 ext. 383

I gave them a Grateful Med demonstration on my laptop doing sample searches of
stranged name diseases (Happy Puppet Syndrome) and topics of interest to t