> Boy, am I glad I was on vacation and missed this flurry of electronic
> inanities.  30 postings in the space of 3 days.  I guess it just shows that
> some of us "professionals" don't have much to do during the summer doldrums.
> Get a grip folks, life is too short to worry about "cuteness" on the part of
> some faceless and, I'd wager,  very bored bureaucratics.

John:

I must respectfully (not) disagree.

I find it charming that people working in a particular field retain a
certain sensibility towards their work environment.  It means we haven't
been completely deadened by our bureaucratic situations.  Being
sensitive to the terminology used in your daily business means you are
still ALIVE!  Of course, having worked with you within our local Toronto
hospital library network, I have often wondered whether or not you ARE
alive.

John? .... John? ....

Gord Lindsay, ILL Clerk, and      Internet: [log in to unmask]
Poet-In-Residence,                FAX: (416) 586-4998
Sidney Liswood Library,           Phone: (416) 586-4614
Mount Sinai Hospital              Carrier Pigeon, Starship, Plane:
600 University Ave.,              Latitude 43 39N, Longitude 79 20W
Toronto, Ont.,
CANADA  M5G 1X5                   Or, just whistle and I'll find you.