Where I work at the University of Pittsburgh, we joined a consortium of
three major libraries of Carnegie Mellon, Carnegie Public of Pittsburgh,
and the University of Pittsburgh, and we all got participants.
Each department tried to have a representative on the Disaster Planning
and Response Team Committee. We all went to training workshops dealing
with water damage and how to combat it. Also learned how to either
package books that were damaged for shipment for freeze drying or learned
how to take care of the items ourselves.
        You will also need to talk to your administration, and know who
in the physical plant you need to contact in case of an emergency. We
also have a phone tree for emergencies when we are not here.
The process as far as I know needs to consist of 1) whom to contact in an
emergency 2) Emergency procedures 3) Supplies and where to get them 4)
Volunteers to help in an emergency 5) Training for Volunteers and
Informational Training.

There is more to it than it seems. Especially with flood and water
damage.
There is mold to consider. The first 6-8 hours are critical.

That is about all I can remember at the moment.

In fact we have our disaster plan on the Web at:

http://www.library.pitt.edu/HOME/PP/Preservation/dp.html

Good Luck,
Annette