I am undecided in this discussion regarding the posting of duplicate
issues to this list.  I agree that it does clutter the list, and if we
aren't interested, it is just one more message to delete, however, based
on personal experience I wonder if it is a good idea to eliminate such
messages.

In the spring I posted several duplicate lists to the BACKSERV list and
received a fairly good response.  I also received a message from someone
who had one of my duplicate lists forwarded to her by someone.  This
message to me stated that this person did not subscribe to BACKSERV, but
did subscribe to MEDLIB, and due to demands on their time had no
intention of subscribing to BACKSERV, but would greatly appreciate receiving
the duplicate issues indicated.  I began to wonder if this scenerio did not
apply to more than this one person so I posted the remainder of the lists
of duplicate issues to MEDLIB and CANMEDLIB.  The response I received was
even better than when the lists were originally posted to the BACKSERV
list.  I wonder, now that the BACKMED list has been created, if more
MEDLIB subscribers will also subscribe to BACKMED?

just a thought

Esther
Esther Spicer, Library
London Psychiatric Hospital, 850 Highbury Ave., London, Ontario  N6A 4H1
519/455-5110  ext. 2543  ;  FAX 519/455-9986
ENVOY  ILL.OLPH   ;   INTERNET  [log in to unmask]