NEW:  _Key Guide to ELectronic Resources: Health Sciences_
        edited by Lee Hancock
        1995/494p/softbound/$39.50
        ISBN 1-57387-001-3

Just got through reading about it. Let me quote the abstract:

Each chapter represents a particular type of electronic resource
including:

. Online Databases . CD-ROM Databases . Magnetic Media . Electronic
Bulletin Boards . Listservs(Special Interest Groups) . Internet Online
Databases . Anonymous File Transfer Protocol(FTP) Archives . Electronic
Publications . Internet Gophers . Miscellaneous Internet Resources . OPACs

...provides well over 1,000 sources...related to health care and includes
helpful indexes....Also included are full content descriptions as well as
information on access and costs....  (unquote)

It may be wise to inform your patron how volatile many of the sites on
the Internet may be, and that much of the information provided in this
type of resource may only have been valid at the time of writing. But,
if one is a "newbie" it seems like a very good place to start.

Judith L. Dzierba
A.H. Aaron HSL
Buffalo General Hospital
Buffalo, NY 14203-1154