 Dalia--

How many times have I nodded my head in agreement with your pieces (ALL
of them opinion), or even said aloud , "amen!"

Certainly your latest opus goes right to the heart of the matter & I
couldn't possibly agree more.  In addition, your anonymous forwarded
letter makes several more valid points.  Both of you would be great to
meet.  I too have my sheepskins, awards, etc beautifully matted, framed &
hung.  If nothing else, they have proved educational to the people
entering my office.  "I didn't know librarians had to have a master's
degree."  No, we only kave to know how to shelve the books.  I've also
had many a physician come into my office, shut the door, & vent, because
they knew it was like a confessional; what went in there, stayed there.

My other conviction is that I don't get called by my first name if I
can't return the favor.  If I'm Lee, you're Joe or Mary.  I consider that
a sign of equality &/or respect.  I know that many librarian whom I
respect don't agree with me on that one, but, hey, that's why there's
vanilla & chocolate.

I'm now self-employed, and doing exactly the same work I did in the
library.  Some of my clients are executives in very large cos and, yes,
they callme Lee, but I also calll them Joe

Lee Hover
Information Developers
Computer-Based Research