I wasn't going to comment on this but thought I'd pass on some of my
solutions to this copying by librarian's discussion.

I have a 1/2 time office clerk copy for interlibrary loan request and
staff requests. However, her time is justified by the coupon charges and
our $5 per article charge. As soon as the depts. are told we charge for
photocopying, they seem no so adamant about doing their own --using our
copier, of library materials only.  We discourage copier use of
non-library materials. The doctors here have to do their own copying.
I also show the staff how to do the special features such as two side
copies or stacked auto-feed, but I expect them to do it themselves
afterwards.

There's something about charge-backs, that seems to command respect for
own's time and talent.

Shirley Lin
SCVHHS Medical Library
San Jose, CA 95128