I send journals to the bindery as soon as the volume is complete. I used
to do this in part to take advantage of indexing lag time, but that is
less the case now that Medline is updated weekly. Still, I like to get
them off the current journal shelves, which tend to get disorganized,
especially weekly publications. My consortium is very supportive in
FAXing needed articles promptly.