Print

Print


An employee in my company is looking for any info on Turner Syndrome. This is
the syndrome caused by a chromosome defect that results in miscarriage of the
affected fetus 90% of the time. The other 10% are girls who are born without
ovaries & need human growth hormone administered in puberty to attain adult
height of more than 4 feet.
 
I've already done a MEDLINE search, referred them to NORD, and identified some
resource/support groups for them,  but haven't found much else on the 'Net
or anywhere else for that matter.  I did check the GCRC database at
Vanderbilt's web site and found some research studies noted there.
 
If anybody out there has personal or professional knowledge of a group that
can help with info, please let me know.
 
Thanks!
 
Catherine Arnott Smith, M.A., M.I.L.S.
Medical Information Management Systems Specialist
Lincoln National Reinsurance Companies