Sorry about the sloppy appearance of the previous almost identical
posting! (I need a copy editor or the time to do a spell chek):

When I first responded to the issue of merging MLA and Medlib, I was a
bit glib, and did not expect the strong feelings and some very good
suggestions and VALID exppressed  concerns.  In retrospect, and after
having some time to THINK about the issues, it seems to me that:

1. MLA can undertake the management of Medlib, but leave it as-is.  Its
   "free wheeling" atmosphere should be left untouched.  Also do not
   crowd it with too much organizational info.
   should be retained.
2. MLA sould develop its on Internet discussion group, to publicize
   whatever seems appropriatae to the organization and the profession.
   This was suggested before, several times, by Medlibers.
3. Special MLA brief notices re issues coming up for Board discussion, or
   short reminders re: meetings, CE, etc, can possibly be floated in Medlib
   for all to see, MLA or non-MLA members.
4. Do NOT restric either Medlib nor the MLA separate Interent discussion
   group to MLA only members.  Not all librarians are MLA members. There
   are other organizations that might be just as relevant.  If MLA proves
   its value and relevance to the non-members, there's a better chance these
   persons will become members.
5. There's probably more I want to say, but this will suffice for today.
   Just do not change the characataear and functions of Medlib!!

                               Dalia Kleinmuntz
                               Webster Library, Evanston Hospital
                               [log in to unmask]     (708) 570-2665
                                                        (708) 570-2926 FAX