In <[log in to unmask]> Ann Rolfe
<[log in to unmask]> writes:

>Within the past month the Boston Globe ran an article about
>chemical/environmental pollution in one of the Boston hospitals.
>Shorter patient stays require more chemicals for cleaning etc.
>Patients don't stay long enough to get sick, but staff suffer from
>the constant exposure.  I read the article & meant to clip it, but
>didn't.  If someone could send me the citation, I would appreciate
>it.  I'll round up the article locally.  TIA
>
>Ann Rolfe
>Concord Hospital Library
>Concord, NH
>Ann Rolfe, Librarian
>Concord Hospital

Hi Ann,

Chronicle, aired on channel 5 in the Boston area, did a story on this
very topic just last night. (You didn't miss much, it wasn't very
good.)
I have several Boston Globe articles about the problem at Brigham &
Women's Hospital, dating back to 1993.
The most recent articles date August 20 and 21, 1995.
Recently the hospital has agreed to an $8m environmental cleanup,
mostly aimed at removing latex contamination.
Some refer to it as "sick building" syndrome, "disease of the
nineties", but the major problem is airborne latex from gloves.

Nancy Mitchell