Greetings,

        The physicians at our hospital want to donate funds for me to
purchase a CD-Rom player for our library that will hold up to 6 discs so that
we can purchase full-text CDs of journals.  My questions are:  Of all the
many brands and types of players, which one is the best, or the least
troublesome?  Which vendors have you utilized? and are they willing to
provide consultation?
        I have also been pouring over CD-ROM catalogs (we are hoping to
purchase NEJM and JAMA, possibly others) and was wondering which search
software is better, DiscPassage or Compact Library & BRS/Search?   Also,
which vendors are good for these products?
        Many thanks.  Please respond to me, I'll summarize for the list if
there is any other interest.

Angela Dixon, BSN,MLS
Medical Librarian
Michiana Community Hospital