Hello!  Once again, I need your help!  A client here in our epidemiology
department is looking for an official definition of diarrhea by the World
Health Organization.  Seems simple, but I'm not having much luck finding
anything in our library on it, after checking what WHO publications we
possess and doing a Medline search.  There is a book put out in 1993 by
WHO titled The Management and Prevention of Diarrohea, which, according
to the blurb in the publications catalog, gives a basic explanation of
what the disease is and, I hope, would give the official definition if
there is one.  If someone out there has this publication, would you
kindly check the first chapter or so and see if said definition leaps
out at you?  I have supplied the researcher with relevant telephone #s
at WHO, but this definition is apparently very important to her, and I
would like to help her more if I can.

Thanks In Advance!!!

Kay Hogan
UAB Lister Hill Library of the Health Sciences