When I first responded to the issue of merging MLA and Medlib, I was a
bit glib, and did not expect the strong feelings and some very good
suggestions and VALID exppressed  concerns.  In retrospect, and after
having some time to THINK about the issues, it seems to me that:
1. MLA can undertake the management of Medlib, but leavae it to perate
   as-is.  Its too crowded already and it's "free wheeling" atmosphere
   should be retained.
2. MLA sould develop its on Internet discussion, notes, messages, etc.
   This was suggested before, several times by Medlibers.
3. Special MLA notices re issues coming up for Board discussion, or short
   reminders re: meetings, etc, can possibly be floated in Medlib for all
   to see, MLA or non-MLA memaabers.
4. Do not restric either Medlib nor the MLA separate Interent discussion
   group to MLA only members.  Not all librarians are MLA members.  It's a
   free country, and there are other organizations that might be just as
   relevant.
5. There's probably more I want to say, but this will suffice for today.
   Just do not changae the characataear and functions of Medlib!!
                               Dalia Kleinmuntz
                               Webster Library, Evanston Hospital
                               [log in to unmask]     (708) 570-2665
                                                        (708) 570-2926 FAX