A recent article in Epidemiology Reviews (17#1:139-151, 1995) discusses the
definition of CFS.  There is a table that lists various definitions and the
two from the CDC appear to be two cited articles from Annals of Internal
Medicine.  The original article is "Chronic fatigue syndrome:  a working
case definition" by GP Holmes etal, Ann Intern Med 1988; 108:387-389 and
the updated definition is "The chronic fatigue syndrome:  a comprehensive
approach to its definition and study."  Fukuda, K. etal  Ann Intern Med
1994; 121:953-9.  I will be glad to provide you with the article in
Epidemiology Reviews if you will contact me.

Auburn Steward
Industrial Compliance Library
11500 Fairview Rd.
Little Rock, AR 72212