There somethnig "funny" here, and maybe OIVD can explain, since in the
pre-OVID days (when it was CD-Plus) the company _specified_ that the best
and sure-fire connection via telephone to the networked database (not yet
windows version) was the PC-ANywhere, and we made a lot of users
purachase PC-Anywhere as a pre-requsite for getting a code to access us
at off hours.  I an not particularly fond of this communication module,
so I won't mind not having to use it.  We have too many occuarences of
the system going into limbo (not hanging up and not letting users connect
and having to re-boot.  It's a problem if they dial at off hours - which
many do, and the frustrations are not worth it.  So thanks, Millard for
the hint/advise, and we will call OVID on Thursday and try to get an answer.

                               Dalia Kleinmuntz
                               Webster Library, Evanston Hospital
                               [log in to unmask]     (708) 570-2665
                                                        (708) 570-2926 FAX